Trump, EU’s von der Leyen strike trade deal for 15 percent tariffs

President Trump and European Commission Chairman Ursula von Der Leyen announced a trade deal on Sunday, with 15 percent tariffs for European goods including automobiles.

As part of the European Union deal would buy energy of $ 750 billion from the US, Trump announced, and agreed to invest US $ 600 billion more than current investment for other goods.

The agreement is less than 30 percent tariff trumpThreatened to impose On the European Union, which must have begun from 1 August, and avoids a trade war with America’s largest trading partner.

Both Trump and Von Der Leyen postponed the vastness of the deal that he agreed during a meeting at the President’s golf course in Turnberry, Scotland.

“I think this is the biggest deal ever,” said Trump.

Von Der Leyen said, “We have a trading deal between the two largest economies in the world. It’s a big thing, it’s a big thing, it will bring stability, it will be the predecessor.” “This is a good deal, it is a difficult deal.”

When the United States asked about concessions to reach the deal, von Der Leyen admitted that the European Union and the US had an earlier unbalanced trade relationship, resulting in a loss for America.

“We wanted to re -organize the business relationship and we wanted to do it in such a way that the trade between the two of us is going on,” he said.

Trump said in a meeting with Von Der Leyen that he felt that there was a 50-50 opportunity that the two leaders attacked a deal on Sunday.

“You are known as a hard dealmaker and negotiator,” Von Der Leyen said before the meeting.

“And fair,” Trump replied.

“This is actually the world’s largest trading partnership, so we should give it a shot,” said Trump.

Trump similarly arrived at an agreement on trade with Japan earlier this week, which would set a 15 percent tariff on Japanese goods. It’s less than25 percent tariff Trump threatened to impose on Japan starting on 1 August.

Even in that deal, Trump said that JapanWill invest $ 550 billion Will open its markets in projects in the US and for American automobiles, rice and other agricultural products.

On Sunday, the President doubled the tariff starting on August 1, told reporters, “It is for everyone on 1 August. All the deals begin on 1 August.”

Source link

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *