Energy secretary says 'we’re reviewing' past government climate reports

Energy Secretary Chris Wright indicated this week that the Trump administration is reviewing and may seek to change the past Climate report,

Wright, in the presence of CNN on Tuesday evening “”Source“Asked why the administration removed the previous versions National climate evaluation From government websites.

“Because we are reviewing them,” he replied, “and we’ll come out with the updated report on them and comments on them.”

On arrival for comment, the Department of Energy refused to provide more information about review efforts. Instead, spokesperson Andrea Woods referred to Hill for comment from Wright during a single interview.

Wright told host Catalan Collins, “I don’t know why they have been taken down.” “It is easy to find anywhere. If no national climate assessment report can be found, they only got a little better Google.”

Woods Told CNN That right “was not suggesting that he would personally change the previous reports.”

The federal government is required to create a report about the 1990 Global Change Research Act Climate change Every four years.

Earlier this year, administration Scrub the website It was hosting previous recurrents of national climate evaluation. President Trump also rejected scientists who were working on the next edition.

Last month, Department of Energy A report released Claiming that “CO2-induced warming is generally believed to be financially less harmful.”

There is a scientific agreement that is climate change Extreme weather,

Wright, a former fracting executive, one is one History of reducing effects Of global warming.

Source link

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *