Epstein victims blast Trump for Ghislaine Maxwell prison transfer

Ghislaine Maxwell attends day 1 of the 4th Annual WIE Symposium at Center 548 on September 20, 2013 in New York City.

Laura Cavanaugh | Getty Images

Two sexual abuse victims of Jeffrey Epstein and the family of late Epstein victim Virginia Giuffre on Friday blasted President Donald Trump after learning that Epstein’s accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell had been transferred to a less restrictive prison in Texas from Florida.

“This move smacks of a cover up,” Epstein victims Annie Farmer and Maria Farmer, as well as Giuffre’s relatives said in a statement.

“President Trump has sent a clear message today: Pedophiles deserve preferential treatment and their victims do not matter,” the statement said, noting that the two women and Giuffre’s family had not been notified of Maxwell’s transfer before media reports of it.

Maxwell’s transfer to minimum security camp in Bryan, Texas, came after two days of meetings she and her lawyer had last week in Tallahassee, Florida, with a top Justice Department official.

That official, Deputy Attorney Todd Blanche, is Trump’s former criminal defense lawyer.

Trump is a former friend of Epstein and Maxwell.

“It is with horror and outrage that we object to the preferential treatment convicted sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell has received,” the statement said.

“Ghislaine Maxwell is a sexual predator who physically assaulted minor children on multiple occasions, and she should never be shown any leniency,” the statement said.

“Yet, without any notification to the Maxwell victims, the government overnight has moved Maxwell to a minimum security luxury prison in Texas,” the statement said.

“This is the justice system failing victims right before our eyes.  The American public should be enraged by the preferential treatment being given to a pedophile and a criminally charged child sex offender. The Trump administration should not credit a word Maxwell says, as the government itself sought charges against Maxwell for being a serial liar,” the statement said.

“This move smacks of a cover up. The victims deserve better.

Mawell’s lawyer, who confirmed the transfer to NBC, did not explain why the 63-year-old was transferred from the federal minimum security prison in Tallahassee.

Maxwell was convicted at trial in 2021 of crimes related to grooming underage girls to be sexually abused by Epstein. She is serving a 20-year prison sentence.

The exterior of Federal Correctional Facility (FCI) Tallahassee, a low security prison with a detention center, is seen from outside its perimeter fence in Tallahassee, Florida, U.S. July 24, 2025.

Colin Hackley | Reuters

Blanche met with Maxwell for hours last week after saying he was interested in learning whether she had information about other potential abuses of girls and women in Epstein’s orbit.

Blanche asked Maxwell “maybe about 100 different people,” her lawyer David Oscar Markus said last week.

Read more CNBC politics coverage

Blanche’s meeting raised questions about whether the Trump administration will seek a reduction of Maxwell’s sentence or whether President Donald Trump will pardon her.

The Justice Department and Trump have been criticized for nearly a month for failing to release evidence accumulated in an investigation into Epstein despite prior promises to make that information public.

The New York Sun first reported that Maxwell had been transferred from her prison in Florida.

Epstein died in August 2019 from a jailhouse suicide, weeks after being arrested on child sex trafficking charges.

This is developing news. Check back for updates.

Source link

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *