The National Weather Service (NWS) is expected to expand its efforts to hiring both vacancies and public inquiry into the Trump administration.
National Weather Service Employees Organization Legislative Director Tom Fahi told The Hill on Wednesday that he hoped to serve for additional posts Beyond 126 which were reported earlier,
Fahi said that this could mean “potential hundreds” of new jobs.
CNN First reported This week’s weather service planned to keep hundreds of jobs back. According to the news outlet, NWS will be able to rent a total of 450 posts including meteorologists, hydrologists and radar technicians.
A weather service spokesperson refused to comment.
NWS and its original agency, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) represented two of several government institutions Had to face job cuts And purchase due to the efficiency department of the government of the administration.
However, as the storm season began, and especially after the deadly floods in Texas, many of these cuts Facing the investigation,
An internal memorandumWarned in JuneSome offices across the country were “seriously understood.”
Last month, the White House released a memorandum which increased the freeze on a federal work but Gave exemption to some agencies including weather service.
Neil Jacobs, nominated to lead NOAA,Their confirmation was pledged during the hearingTo make NWS staffing “supreme priority”. His nomination is still pending, although he is expected to be approved.
Democrats and Republican Elvies have expressed concern about the level of staffing at NWS, both have bilateral bills introduced. Home And Managing committee On this issue.