Trump, Harvard fight escalates after president said deal was close

The Trump administration is increasing his war with Harvard University, despite the President earlier indicated that a deal was working.

The White House is pulling almost every liver at its disposal so that Harvard can try to turn the knee for his demands, Threatening And Release a salarn This week on international students in their latest tricks.

“We are clearly looking at the emergence of a playbook by the Trump administration. They are open about the fact that they are going to try to use every possible form of profit, which they can force the institutions to bend according to their wishes,” John Fansmith, senior vice president of government relations and national engagement in the US Council on Education.

He said, “Everything we have seen so far is on every aspect of the public place, whether it is in the courts, whether it is in the public opinion … they are losing these arguments, and it is unfortunate that they keep trying to expand the efforts. It is unfortunate that they try to politicize those processes that work well for a long time,” they said.

On Wednesday, the Education Department sent a letter to the Held of Harvard, stating that the Trump administration investigation found the school in violation of the federal contradiction laws.

“Harvard University has failed for students, teachers and American taxpayers by permission to keep anti -Jew of Jewish oppression and discrimination uncontrolled in its premises. The Education Department has expected the New England Commission for higher education to implement its policies and practices,” said.

Removing recognition will cut Harvard’s access to federal student aid. Universities that have lost recognition usually stop soon, although the size or age of Harvard has never been targeted.

While the Commission insisted in a statement that the government cannot force it to remove the recognition and that also procedures for people found in violation may take place in previous years, higher education experts are nervous about the unprecedented nature of these letters from Trump administration.

Earlier this year, the Trump administration sent a similar letter to the recognition of Columbia University.

“The letter that was sent informing Harvard was an investigation – of course, those who get recognized must know about it, but the recognized people need to be able to take their decision what to do with that information, and it seems that Secretary McMahon is trying to go beyond that, which, which, is a acting as an acting as an acting, as a acting, Garrardo Blackon. Academic Director for Center for International Higher Education at Boston College.

Meanwhile, the Homeland Security Department stated that it was going to Harvard to Sabpona for information about its foreign students, one of the major fronts in President Trump’s war with Harvard and his broad immigration cracks.

Harvard denied the federal government allegations that it has withdrawn information about his international students and says that all “legitimate requests” have been complied with.

Ray Bresia, a professor at Albani Law School, said, “Harvard certainly within his rights to challenge its rights that it is unfair that it is unfair, that it is widespread, that he has responded to it.” “If it is inappropriate, if it violates the rights of the students, if it is very wide, I think it is going to oppose it to the entire extent of Harvard law.”

Harvard reduced both tasks this week, condemning the conclusions of the federal government, that it violated the antidicious government laws and stressed that it had changed information about its foreign students that were legally bound.

A spokesman said, “Harvard is indifferent to the issue and strongly disagree with the conclusions of the government. Harvard has continued to comply with the New England Commission of Higher Education’s standards for recognition, keeping his recognition uninterrupted since its initial review in 1929.”

Any step against Trump against Harvard can be seen as a warning for other schools, especially after the University of Virginia and the University of Pennsylvania, both gave major concessions to his administration after his funding.

“I think one of my biggest concerns is that it is happening for Harvard, but it can easily switch to other institutions. Certainly, we saw that it happens in Colombia. We have seen things in the pen. Different institutions are working in different ways,” said the works of the Center for Mainoring Institutes of the University of Mainoring. Director.

“With regard to Harvard, I think they can fight it in courts, and they have already had some success,” said Gasman.

But last month, there is the latest growth after Trump that his administration was close to acquiring a deal with Harvard.

The school and administration have been closed in two court battles – a university was stopped and an attempt to ban Harvard on a second direction about $ 3 billion dollars.

The funding case is heard at the end of July, while a judge has ruled against the instructions to ban foreign students; Trump has appealed for that decision.

“We are working closely with Harvard, and it is very possible that a deal will be declared in the next week,” Trump Said on 20 June,

“They have worked very appropriately during these dialogues, and appear to be committed to do what is right. If an agreement is currently done on this basis, it is being discussed, it will be ‘Mindboglingly’ historical, and will be great for our country. Thank you for paying attention to this matter!” He said.

Since that announcement, the administration has become a mother on any detail, and Harvard has not indicated any deal.

Trump has also made similar statements about trade agreements with other countries which have not given any clear results so far.

“It surprises you why they feel when they feel the need to talk about being a deal when deals appear. [are] For him, “Fansmith said, emphasizing the institution, says that it will not give up control of its faculty.

He said, “I don’t know that there is some efforts in the administration where they are either coming, or what they are coming, or they are not only successful in trying to move the public story, which is happening here, it seems that it seems that these derogatory efforts seem to be winning,” he said. “It is difficult to say, but it is definitely the third or fourth time when we have heard from the administration that they are on the deal of the deal, and no deal has come, so it is sure to question their credibility in this and many other areas.”

Source link

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *