Just days before his 49th birthday, Floyd Mayweather Jr. has announced that he will end his retirement and resume his professional boxing career after a spring 2026 boxing exhibition with Mike Tyson.
Mayweather has signed an exclusive deal with CSI Sports/Fight Sports as a promoter for the next phase of his career.
“I still have the potential to set more records in the sport of boxing,” Mayweather said in a written statement to ESPN. “From my upcoming Mike Tyson event to my next professional fight – no one will draw a bigger gate, have a bigger global broadcast audience and make more money with each event – then my events. And I plan to keep doing it with our global media partner, CSI Sports/Fight Sports.”
mayweather retired from boxing At the age of 40 after August 2017 knockout win over mma star conor mcgregorTaking his record to 50-0 with 27 wins by stoppage. Mayweather has since competed in several exhibition boxing matches logan paul, mikuru asakura And John Gotti III.
Last September it was announced that Mayweather and Tyson would meet in an exhibition match in the spring of 2026. There are reports that the fight will take place on April 25 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, but ESPN could not confirm it will take place on that date, and no network has been set up to carry the fight.
Mayweather has been in the news for the past few weeks as he filed a multimillion-dollar lawsuit against Showtime earlier this month. Mayweather claims he is owed “at least” $340 million of the reported $1.2 billion in career fight purses.
Mayweather will return to the sport with entirely new competitors who are nearly half his age. however, Manny Pacquiao’s recent comeback For the pro ranks it would be suggested that this would be followed by a much-discussed rematch between the two fighters their 2015 meeting Can be organized as a professional boxing match
“The signing of Floyd Mayweather to un-retire after captivating another worldwide audience with his Mike Tyson match-up highlights our commitment to providing our global audience with the most high-profile fighters in sports,” CSI Sports/Fight Sports co-founders Richard and Craig Milley said in a written statement. “Floyd will once again continue to dominate boxing with the largest audiences and highest grossing events of all time, and we are proud and privileged to be able to do so with our global team at CSI Sports/Fight Sports. We look forward to even more announcements that will excite fans and continue to build the sport in 2026!”

