Jaylen Brown: Beverly Hills’ explanation for event shutdown ‘false’

INGLEWOOD, Calif. — Beverly Hills Police shut down a brand event Saturday night boston celtics star jaylen brownThe city says the gathering lacked a permit. However, on Sunday, Brown disputed that characterization, calling a statement released by the city “completely false,” while noting that hundreds of thousands of dollars of investment in the event had been wasted.

“I’m hurt by the statement made by Beverly Hills, as if we applied for something and we didn’t get it, and we did it anyway [and] We were disobedient,” Brown said afterward. nba all star game at the Intuit Dome, where he made his first appearance as an All-Star starter. “I know how to follow the rules. I’m smart enough to follow the guidelines. It seemed like no one wanted whatever we were doing to keep going because everyone else was doing something, it seemed like I was the only one that got shut down.”

Earlier on Sunday, the city of Beverly Hills issued a Statement to the Boston GlobeSaying that the city had rejected a permit for the event.

“On Saturday, February 14, the Beverly Hills Police Department (BHPD) responded to an event taking place at a private residence in the city’s Trousdale neighborhood. An event permit had been applied for and denied by the city due to previous violations associated with events at the address,” the statement said.

“Despite the fact that permission was denied, organizers still decided to invite hundreds of guests, despite knowing it was not permitted. BHPD responded and shut down the unpermitted event.”

Brown posted a video on his social media of his conversation with a Beverly Hills police officer in which he demanded answers and later said, “I feel like we’re being targeted.”

After Sunday’s game, Brown, who has a sponsorship with Oakley and who said the event was held at the home of Oakley founder Jim Jannard, disputed the city’s account.

“That wasn’t true,” Brown said. “We didn’t need a permit because the owner of the house, that was her place. We were family friends. She opened up the festivals to us so we didn’t have to do that. We never applied for it. … I didn’t have to pay for the house or anything. They just opened it up. I had to pay for the construction, but it was hundreds of thousands of dollars wasted for an event that was supposed to be positive.”

Brown was asked if he believed the shutdown was racially motivated.

“I just want to say that everyone else who has done something in Activision, [there] It seems like there’s no problem,” Brown said. “It was 7 p.m., it wasn’t 10 p.m., it wasn’t 11 p.m., it wasn’t [midnight]. [It was] 7pm… We’re doing a panel. We are doing work which is positive. There was no one who was inconvenienced. [We weren’t] Blocking traffic. It’s All-Star weekend, it’s Saturday night and it’s 7 p.m. – what are we talking about?”

The event promoted Brown’s performance brand, 741.

“Millions of dollars were lost in the toilet,” he said. “It took a lot of work. It took a lot of hard work, so I’m more proud of my team. They put in a lot of work to do an activation for my brand 741. We partnered with Oakley.

“So, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth for All-Star Weekend here in LA. It’s extremely upsetting to all of you that I have to ask questions about this, especially. We’re supposed to be talking about basketball here, but yesterday was not good.”

In a later social media post, in which he tagged Beverly Hills Police, Brown specified, “300k down the drain.”

Brown also said that Janard was considering filing a lawsuit against Beverly Hills.

“It seemed like the owner was very upset,” Brown said. “He wants to file a lawsuit because it’s his home. He’s done several shows there, and there’s never been an issue. He’s also done four or five shows that week, too, and it’s never been an issue.”

Source link

Please follow and like us:
Pin Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *