Acting immigration and customs enforcement (ICE) director Tod Leone said on Wednesday that the federal law enforcement agency will “flood the zone” with immigration agents in Boston after Mayor Michel Wu (D). Retreat In the administration of President Trump on the sanctuary policies of the city.
“We are definitely going, as you have said, in the area, especially in the courts of the sanctuary,” Leon said in an interview on “The Hovi Car Show”.
“Boston and Massachusetts decided to say that they wanted to live [a] Sanctuary The sanctuary does not mean safe roads. This means that more criminal aliens out and the neighborhood. But 100 percent, you will see the presence of a big snow, ”the director of the acting ice told the host Hovi car.
Wu said on Tuesday that the Boston would not bend the federal government “for unconstitutional threats or illegal force”.
The Boston mayor said, “The American Attorney General asked for a reaction to date, so here is: stop attacking our cities to hide the failures of your administration.”
Her comments came after Attorney General Palm Bondi Letters sent Last week, 32 state and local governments, known as “sanctuary jurisdiction” including Boston, said they can reject their federal funds or face legal action if they do not cooperate with the immigration crack of administration. Bondi set a deadline for a response from the city for Tuesday this week.
“We carried out Operation Patriot march, which led to more than 1,000 arrests, and now you are going to see more ice agents in Boston to ensure that we push out the public threats that she wants to let back into communities,” Leones said. “We are going to make America safe.”
Boston implemented the Boston Trust Act in 2014, which prevents local law enforcement from collaborating with federal immigration enforcement agents, especially around civil warrants around the illegal arrest of migrants in the country.