The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Thursday offered the reward for information going towards the arrest of Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro, which increased to $ 50 million.
Attorney General Palm Bondi said, “He is one of the world’s largest narco smugglers and is a threat to our national security. Therefore, we have doubled his reward to $ 50 million.” Video X was posted.
The Biden administration prescribed the first prize money at $ 25 million, which was earlier increased from the Trump administration when officials offered Maduro $ 15 million for information.
Maduro was convicted in 2020 We accused of narco-attitude To try to make cocaine weapons by allegedly “flood” American communities with drug.
Western leaders have refused to recognize Maduro as a legitimate president of Venezuela, which they say that is a disputed reunion for his return to his office in 2024.
Nevertheless, he has received support from local colleagues who claim Bondi’s reward for their arrest, it is politically motivated.
Venezuela Foreign Minister Yavan Gill said in a statement, “We are not surprised, from which it comes. He is the one who promised a ‘secret list’ of Eptin and who climbs the walls in scams for political favor.” associated Press,
“His show is a joke, which is a frustrated distraction with his grief.”
He said, “Under the leadership of President Trump, Maduro will not be able to escape justice and will be held accountable to his disgusting crimes.”
Officials said they had already seized assets worth more than $ 700 million associated with Maduro to include two private jets and nine vehicles.
According to Doj, the drug enforcement administration has linked 7 tonnes of cocaine associated with the Venezuela leader to the Leader of Venezuela, often smuggled by members of TDA, SINALOA and Cartel, according to Doj.